General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 20 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Gina Haspel Confirmed as first female Director Of CIA
- The US Senate confirmed Gina Haspel as the first female director of Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
- Gina Haspel’s confirmation in a 54-45 vote follows a partisan fight among senators about the CIA’s Bush-era use of techniques such as waterboarding. The former CIA chief, Mike Pompeo, left to become US Secretary of State.
Shivangi Pathak Becomes Youngest Indian Woman To Scale Mount Everest
- India’s Shivangi Pathak become youngest women of the country to scale Mt Everest from Nepal side.
- According to the Managing Director of Seven Summit Treks, Mingma Sherpa, 16-year-old Shivangi successfully stood atop world’s highest mountain.
- Born in Hisar of Haryana Shivangi climbed Mt Everest to spread the message that women could overcome any obstacle to achieve their goals.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to share his thoughts with people in Mann Ki Baat programme on All India Radio
Karnataka Chief Minister Yeddyurappa Resigns
- BS Yeddyurappa resigned 55 hours after taking oath as the Karnataka CM, ahead of the floor test. BJP, with 104 seats, was seven short of the required number of 111.
- The Congress with 78 MLAs, the JD(S) with 36 and three others were also individually not in a position to form the government. But with BJP now exiting the picture, the Congress-JD(S) combine has 114 seats, more than the required number.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates 330-MW Kishenganga hydel power project in Srinagar
Union Government extends last date for filing of form GSTR-3B by 2 days till May 22
- The Union government extended the last date for filing of form GSTR-3B for April by two days till 22nd of this month.
- An official statement said that it was brought to the notice of the competent authority that certain technical issues are being faced by the taxpayers during the filing of the form. In order to resolve the same, emergency maintenance is being carried out on the system.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…