General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 9th October 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
World Post Day is celebrated on October 9
This day commemorates the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union in 1874 in Bern, Switzerland.
Yes Bank names TS Vijayan & OP Bhatt as external members for MD selection panel
Scientists said AI may predict Alzheimers disease 5 years in advance
- Researchers from the University of Toronto in Canada have created an Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithm that can accurately predict whether a person’s cognitive decline will lead to Alzheimer’s disease in the next five years.
- The algorithm learns signatures from Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), genetics, and clinical data. It can help predict whether an individual’s cognitive faculties are likely to deteriorate towards Alzheimer’s in the next five years. So far, there are only limited ways to treat Alzheimer’s and the best evidence is for prevention.
Ruhan Rajput bags Midday Young Achiever Icons Award 2018
Nilgiris district administration proposed a 10 km road through tiger reserve
- The Nilgiris district administration has proposed a 10 km road that would cut through the core area of the Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve in Erode and the buffer zone of the Mudumalai Tiger Reserve in Udhagamandalam.
Complete List Of Nobel Prize Winners 2018
- The 2018 Nobel Prize were announced recently in five different fields namely Physiology or Medicine, Physics, Chemistry, Peace, and Economic Sciences. This is for the first time that no Literature Prize was given in 70 years because of a #MeToo scandal.
BBMP introduced app for its health inspectors and medical officers
- Karnataka’s Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has developed an in-house app for its health inspectors and medical officers. The app will help the health department officials to levy fines on those found to be using banned plastic items. They will be able to take a photo of the banned item.
Nepal bags tourism awards at 14th Annual Travel Awards ceremony held in New Delhi
- The 14th Hospitality India and Explore the World Annual International Travel Awards 2018 held in New Delhi. The award ceremony was organized to honor the best-in-class in the field of Tourism and Hospitality Industry Sector in India and Nepal. The Chandragiri Hills Limited of Nepal got the best tourism destination of Nepal award in the hospitality and tourism sector.
Vikram Malhotra won Texas Open Squash Championship
Flipkart teams up with Bajaj Allianz to offer insurance for smartphones
Two Indian state run oil companies have placed orders for Iranian oil
- Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said that two Indian state-run oil companies have placed orders for Iranian oil to be delivered in November. The U.S. sanctions targeting Iran’s crude oil exports will come into effect on November 4. The Indian government has repeatedly requested the U.S. government for a waiver of these sanctions for India but has so far not received an affirmative response.
- According to the Petroleum Ministry, the two companies in question are Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) and Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL), with a total order quantity of 1.25 million tonnes of crude.
Centre granted Rs.450 crore for backward districts of Telangana
Sumitra Mahajan inaugurated Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference of India Region, Zone III in Guwahati
Hubble malfunctions because of gyros failure said NASA
Karnataka Unveils Unnati Scheme To Help Entrepreneurs From SC/ST Communities
Arunachal Pradesh launches two agri schemes
- Arunachal Pradesh Agriculture Minister Dr.Mohesh Chai launched Chief Minister’s Sashakt Kisan Yojana (CMSKY) and the Chief Minister’s Krishi Samuh Yojana (CMKSY) schemes. The schemes are to support the farmers to increase production and their income.
Indian Railways Signed Agreements with Government Of Russian Federation
- The MoC intends to carry forward the activities taken up under the MoU signed between the two countries on 24th December 2015.
- A MoU was signed between Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Transport of Russian Federation for development of cooperation in transport education.
ESIC Wins ISSA GOOD Practice Award, Asia & The Pacific 2018
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…