General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairsmaterials for 7th October 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobscompetitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Winners of 2018 Nobel Peace Prize: Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad
- Dr Mukwege, a 63-year-old gynaecologist has been associated with the treatment of various sexual assault victims in the Democratic Republic of Congo. In 2008, he also won the UN Human Rights Prize.
Sanjay Verma appointed Indias Ambassador to Spain
- He is a 1990 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer. He is currently the Additional Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs. He has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to Spain.
Governments Naga talks interlocutor R N Ravi appointed Deputy National Security Advisor
- He will also continue to be the central government’s interlocutor for Nagaland. He is a 1976-batch Indian Police Service officer (retired) of the Kerala cadre. In August 2018, he was given an extension as the government’s representative for the talks with National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM).
Vikram Limaye appointed as Chairman of Working Committee and Director on the Board of WFE
- He is the Managing Director and CEO of National Stock Exchange of India (NSE).
- His appointment was made at the 58th General Assembly and Annual Meeting of WEF in Athens, Greece.
- WFE also admitted 6 new members. They are Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX), London Stock Exchange Group, Boursa Kuwait, Tunis Stock Exchange, China Securities Depository and Clearing Corporation and Nairobi Securities Exchange.
India, Kazakhstan agree to step up military cooperation, especially in defence production
Twitter introduces data-saving feature
- Twitter incorporated a new feature which will help users to reduce excessive data consumption. A data-saving mode is now available with both iOS and Android version of the Twitter app.
Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani launches digital platform for Ekta Yatra
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched a digital platform for state government’s mass outreach drive Ekta Yatra.
- Making the occasion of Sardar Patel’s birth anniversary, the state-wide Yatra will cover near about 10,000 villages between October and November.
Bihar government issues fresh directives on mobile phones
- Bihar government issued an interesting directive for the state officials. From now, bureaucrats will not be able to access the facility of mobile phones while attending key deliberations with top authorities like Chief Minister, Cabinet Ministers or chief secretary.
- An order issued by Aamir Subhani, principal secretary general administration says that all principal secretaries and police officials should refrain from the use of cell phones while attending internal meetings.
Uber to ramp up resource and development centres in Bengaluru and Hyderabad
- Uber is planning to ramp up the human resources at its R&D centres in Bengaluru and Hyderabad in order for the growth of its service in India. Because of this India would have the largest tech presence for the company outside of the U.S., its home market. It did not disclose any figures so far.
Zydus Cadila gets approval from USFDA for breast cancer drug
- Zydus Cadila, the major drug firm, has received the final approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to market Exemestane tablets. The drug will be used for the treatment of breast cancer. The drug is made in the strength of 25 mg. The company will manufacture the drug at its group’s formulations SEZ facility in Ahmedabad.
Bacteria in Bellandur lake develop resistance to drugs
Ukraine launched solar power plant in Chernobyl
- Ukraine launched a park of photovoltaic panels at the former Chernobyl power plant. It is to use solar power to give the scene of the world’s worst nuclear disaster a new lease on life. The $1.2-million, a one-megawatt plant is located just a hundred metres from a giant metal dome sealing the remains of the nuclear power plant that suffered a catastrophic meltdown in 1986. The facility can power about 2,000 households.
PIL wants Aadhaar to be linked with voter ID to curb bogus voting
- A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) petition has been filed in the Madras High Court. It seeks direction to the Election Commission to link Aadhaar card details of individuals with their voter identity cards to curb bogus voting. The litigant claimed it would also help in purifying the electoral rolls.
Exza Infosystems launched Digital ad solution platform
- Exza Infosystems, a Pune-based firm, launched ‘ADvantage’ a digital advertisement solution platform. The platform will connect advertisers directly to digital satellite television viewers to showcase their products and services in Telangana.
- The firm, which is also into making set-top boxes, has tied up with multiple system operator, Brightways Communications, to reach up to five lakh households or 25 lakh people in the State.
As a part of Hare Krishna movement, Rs.5 a meal launched in Siddipet, Telangana
- As part of Hare Krishna Movement, its chief Satya Gaura Dasa inaugurated the Bhojanamrita Rs.5 meals centre at Government Degree college junction in Siddipet, Telangana. Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Limited (MEIL) is supporting the programme through which lunch can be fed to 500 needy people daily.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…