General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 4th October 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Museum of Goa plans colourful flying exhibition
- The Museum of Goa (MoG) Foundation is to hold a colourful flying exhibition titled Freedom is in the air. It is to celebrate the recent striking down of Section 377 of Indian Penal Code (IPC) by the Supreme Court of India, from November 10 to 30.
- The event will be held in collaboration with Hamsafar Trust and Goa Livelihood Forum at MoG museum in Pilerna. The Foundation has invited entries from artists from across the country to create works of art in response to LGBTQ issues through an open call to participate in the exhibition.
- It is expected that the initiative would help the cause of generating awareness over the Supreme Court judgement and its positive implications for the LGBT communities.
BIAL chose L&T for Bengaluru airport T2 project
- Bangalore International Airport (BIAL) gave L&T Construction its project to construct its Terminal-2 (T2) at the Kempegowda International Airport. The project worth around Rs.3,036 crore. The 2,55,000 sq.mt Phase 1 of T2 will augment the capacity of the airport by 25 million passengers per annum.
Donald Trump ranked number 259 on Forbes list
- S. President Donald Trump ranked number 259 on the list released by Forbes’s wealthiest 400 billionaires. In 2017, he ranked number 248. Mr.Trump’s net worth has flatlined at $3.1 billion. In 2015, Forbes valued his net worth at $4.5
Arnold, Smith, winter won the 2018 Nobel Prize for Chemistry
- Frances Arnold from the U.S., George Smith from the U.S., Gregory Winter of Britain won the 2018 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for harnessing the power of evolution to produce novel proteins used in everything from environmentally friendly detergents and biofuels to cancer drugs. They were awarded for pioneering science in enzymes and antibodies.
Project Utkrisht launched by Indian Railways
- Indian Railways launched its Project ‘Utkrisht’ to upgrade 140 rakes of Mail/Express trains in the first phase.
- The main aim of the project aims to do the following:
- Installing ‘Swachh Rail Toilet’,
- Fitting of energy-efficient LED lights – in the main interior, doorway, gangway and inside toilets,
- Braille signage & night glow stickers,
- LED panel photo frame in first AC coaches, new types of bottle holders, big side mirrors,
- Anti-graffiti vinyl wrapping in the gangway area,
- New types of fire extinguishers.
Manu Bhaker named as Indias Flag-Bearer at Youth Olympic Games
Cabinet approved for Mental Health Institute in Madhya Pradesh
- The Union Cabinet approved the setting up of the National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation (NIMHR) in Sehore district, Madhya Pradesh.
- The NIMHR at Madhya Pradesh will be the first of its kind in India in the area of mental health rehabilitation. The institute will also serve as recommending body suggesting models and protocols for effective rehabilitation of persons with mental illness.
Air India launched 6 new flights
- Air India is to launch six new flights in the month of October at New York, Frankfurt, London, Bangkok and Jaipur. Air India planned this for the better utilization of its aircraft as some of the aircraft were left idle lack of maintenance funds.
- The airline will be introducing a flight each on the Kolkata-Bangkok and Kolkata-Jaipur sectors from October 15. With effect from October 16, the airline will start flights on the Bangalore-Bangkok, Bangalore-London and Mumbai-Frankfurt routes.
National Khadi Festival 2018 Held In Mumbai
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) to promote Khadi products. The festival was inaugurated by Union Minister for Micro Small & Medium Enterprises, Giriraj Singh in Mumbai on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti 2018.
- The main aim of the festival is to promote the products of cottage industry and create awareness regarding the art of states.
UN asked India to refrain the deportation of 7 Rohingya refugees
Barham Salih Elected As the New President of Iraq
State Bank of India Reduces ATM Withdrawal Limit
- State Bank of India slashed the daily withdrawal limit on its classic debit card from Rs 40,000 to Rs 20,000.
- There is no change in the daily withdrawal limits on other cards. The new limit will be effective from October 31st 2018.
JAXAs probe Hayabusa2 launched MASCOT to study Ryugu asteroid
SIDBI Launched National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign ‘Udyam Abhilasha’
Haryana MDU Declared Cleanest Government University By HRD Ministry
India and ADB Sign $240 Million Loan for Safe Drinking Water Service for West Bengal
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…