General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 25 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
India Stands 44th In Competitive Rankings, USA Tops: Report
- India rose one place to 44th this year in the global competitive rankings out of 63 countries that were ranked by the IMD World Competitiveness Center.
- India started from the 40th position in 2013 and dropped to the 44th rank in 2014.
- India’s rank remained at 44 in 2015 and jumped four places to 41 in 2016, dropping to 45 in 2017, and rising to 44 in 2018.
- In contrast, China bagged the 13th rank in 2018 as compared to the 18th rank in 2016.
- The top 5 most competitive economies in the world are:
- The USA,
- Hong Kong,
- The Netherlands and
India-Nepal Joint Military Exercise SURYA KIRAN To Be Held In Uttarakhand
- Joint Military Exercise SURYA KIRAN-XIII between India and Nepal will be conducted at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
- The exercise will comprise of nearly 300 soldiers from both Indian and Nepal Army who would be sharing their experiences gained during the conduct of various counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in the past.
- Exercise SURYA KIRAN is a biannual event which is conducted alternatively in Nepal and India.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on counter-terrorism operations in mountainous terrain.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…