General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 24 April 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exams and all Government Examinations.
Paytm Payments Bank Registers 100M KYC Wallets
- 24 April 2018 Current Affairs: Paytm Payments Bank has over 100 million KYC wallets, against the constant campaigning done by the bank about the benefits of the Know Your Customer (KYC) system.
- The bank has introduced several options that include Paytm KYC centers and ‘Paytm-Ka-ATM’ outlets to offer more localized support.
- Customers can locate these through the ‘Nearby’ section on the Paytm app.
Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Awards 2018: Complete List of Winners
24 April 2018 Current Affairs: Dadahaheb Phalke Excellence Awards 2018 honored the individuals from the entertainment industry for their outstanding contribution towards the growth and development of cinema and/or television.
- Best actor (male) Shahid Kapoor
- Best actor people’s choice award Ranveer Singh
- Entertainer of the year Kartik Aryan
- Best actress (critics) Aditi Rao Hydari
- Lifetime achievement award Simi Garewal
- Pride of Indian cinema Sanjay Dutt
- Path-breaking producer of the year Anushka Sharma and Karnesh Sharma
- Best director Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari
- Outstanding performance male Raj Kumar Rao, Rana Daggubati
- Outstanding performance female Tamannahh Bhatia, Kriti Sanon
- Promising face of the year Aahana Kumra
- Best actor (male) Marathi Vaibhav Tatwawaadi
- Best actor (female) Marathi Pooja Sawant
- Best fashion designer of the year Sanjukta Dutta
- Socially conscious performance of the year Rani Mukherjee
- Best comic role Tusshar Kapoor
- Entertaining performance in reality show Bigg Boss Hina Khan
- Best actress drama award Jennifer Winget
- Best actor (male) Television Karan Patel
- Best reality show judge Shilpa Shetty
- Best talk show host Karan Johar
- Best lyricist Manoj Muntashir
- Best performance in a short film Divya Khosla Kumar
- Iconic contribution towards music Hans Raj Hans
- Comic performer of the year Sumona Chakraborty
- Versatile singer Rani Hazarika
- Social and business entrepreneur of the year Jaya Misra
Diu, 1st To Run On 100% Renewable Energy During Daytime
- 24 April 2018 Current Affairs: Diu Smart City has become the first city in India, that runs on 100% renewable energy during daytime setting a new benchmark for other cities to become clean and green.
- Diu had been importing 73% of its power from Gujarat until 2017.
- To further enhance its solar capacity, Diu offers its residents a subsidy of Rs10, 000-50,000 for installing 1-5KW rooftop solar panels.
- Diu is saving about 13,000 tonnes of carbon emissions every year.
India Won 8th South Asian Judo Championship
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari Inaugurates 29th Road Safety Week in New Delhi
Winners Of 1st Print Biennale India 2018 Given Away Awards In New Delhi
National Panchayati Raj Day is observed as 24 April
- 24 April 2018 Current Affairs: The nation celebrates the National Panchayati Raj Diwas (24th Aril) as this date marks a defining moment in the history of decentralization of political power to the grassroots level.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Mandla in Madhya Pradesh on the National Panchayati Raj Day. He launched the Rashtriya Gramin Swaraj Abhiyan, at a public meeting, and addressed Panchayati Raj representatives across the country, from Mandla.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…