General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 23 April 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exams and all Government Examinations.
World Book Day Observed on 23 Apr 2018
- World Book and Copyright Day is celebrated globally this year on 23 April to provide the people with many ideas and plans to make them aware of the situation and condition in the World.
- The World Book Capital for 2018 is Athens, Greece.
- 23 April is a symbolic date for world literature. It is on this date in 1616 that Cervantes, Shakespeare and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega all died.
- It is also the date of birth or death of other prominent authors.
TIME,s 100 Most Influential People : Deepika Padukone, Virat Kohli among the List
- The TIME Magazine released the 100 Most Influential People List of 2018 designating individuals whose time is now.
- The 2018 list features the names of four self-made Indians- Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli, Ola co-founder Bhavish Aggarwal and Microsoft’s CEO Satya Nadella.
- The list also features the US President Donald Trump.
- The list of 100 Most Influential People of 2018 includes the names of actress Nicole Kidman, ‘Wonder Women’ starring Gal Gadot, Prince Harry and his fiance Meghan Markle and singers Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez.
TCS is the first Indian Company with 100 Billion Dollar Market Value
- Tata Consultancy Services created the history as the market capitalization of the company has hit the 100 billion dollar mark, making it the first Indian company to achieve the mark.
- TCS shares rose by 2% to Rs. 3476.75, pushing the market capitalization of India’s biggest outsourcer to Rs. 6,64,918 crore.
- Shares of TCS had surged by nearly 7% recently, making investors richer by over Rs. 40,000 crores in a day.
Finance Minister and CBGs from G20 Agree For Economic Growth by Promoting Trade
- Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors from G20, the Group of 20 economies have agreed to aim for economic growth by promoting trade.
- In their two day meeting at Washington, the financial leaders agreed to work together to promote trade and global economic growth. Argentine Treasury Minister Nicolas Dujovne chaired the meeting.
World Earth Day is celebrated on 22 April
- The World Earth Day (WED) is celebrated on 22nd April not only to spread awareness of the need for conservation but also to take action to protect the environment. Earth Day is considered to be the largest secular world event.
- This day was first celebrated on April 22, 1970 and has ever since been an annual event.
- The theme for World Earth Day 2018 is ‘End Plastic Pollution’.
- Earth Day 2018 is dedicated to providing the information and inspiration needed to fundamentally.
Indian Animation Expert Bhimsain Khurana Passes Away
- Indian animation pioneer and multiple National Award winners Bhimsain Khurana had passed away.
- He was 82. Khurana was known for films like “Gharaonda” and for iconic animation shorts like “Ek Anek Ekta”.
- His unforgettable work includes “Ek chidiya, anek chidiya” song.
- In 1970, he made his debut with his first animation short “The Climb”, which earned him the Silver Hugo Award in the Chicago Film Festival.
Union Cabinet Nod to Restructured Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan Scheme
- The Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved a restructured Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan scheme aimed at making rural local bodies self-sustainable, financially stable and more efficient.
- According to the Union Panchayati Raj Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, PM Narendra Modi will launch Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan scheme in Mandla in Madhya Pradesh on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…