General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 21 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
South Korea Won Asian Champions Trophy 2018
- Asian Champions Trophy, as it lost to hosts South Korea, 0-1 in the summit clash at Donghae City, South Korea. A goal by Youngsil Lee clinched the Korean team as the winner of Champions Trophy.
- Indian striker Vandana Katariya was declared player of the tournament while youngster Lalremsiami was named as the upcoming player of the tournament.
Prajnesh Gunneswaran Won T.K. Ramanathan Award for 2017-18
- Prajnesh Gunneswaran won the prestigious T.K. Ramanathan award for the year 2017-18 at the Tamil Nadu Tennis Association (TNTA) annual day function at the SDAT tennis stadium.
Venezuela’s President Maduro Wins Re-Election
- Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro was reelected for a second six-year term in presidential elections, according to the National Electoral Council (CNE).
- Some 14,638 voting centers have been set up nationwide for Venezuela’s more than 20.5 million eligible voters, who are also voting for state legislators. Mr. Nicolas replaced Hugo Chavez after his death from cancer in 2013.
Tamil Nadu To Build Indias Next Generation Defence Aircraft
- The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), which had conceived and designed the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, has set the ball rolling for building the next generation defense aircraft, the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA), by extending an invitation to private players in Coimbatore to build a technology demonstrator.
- The proposal is not only the first time an indigenous military aircraft programme is seeing the involvement of private players, but it is also the first time a defense plane development project is proposed to be executed outside Bengaluru.
- The project to be implemented in Sulur in Coimbatore district which may house the permanent base of the Tejas squadron marks Tamil Nadu’s first major defense aircraft project.
Anti-Terrorism Day is observed as 21 May
- The Anti-Terrorism Day is observed on 21 May every year in our country to make the people aware of the anti-social act of terrorism and its impact on human suffering and lives.
- The official announcement of National Anti-Terrorism Day was made after the assassination of India’s seventh Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on 21 May 1991.
Tata Steel subsidiary acquires 72% stake in Bhushan Steel
Russia Unveils World’s 1st Floating Nuclear Power Station
- Russia unveiled the world’s first floating nuclear power station at a ceremony in the port of the far northern city of Murmansk, where it will be loaded with nuclear fuel before heading to eastern Siberia.
- It is Built-in Saint Petersburg, the Akademik Lomonosov arrived in Murmansk where it was moored in the port and presented to the media.
- Constructed by the state nuclear power firm Rosatom, the 144 by 30 meter (472 by 98 foot) ship holds two reactors with two 35 megawatt nuclear reactors that are similar to those used to power icebreaker ships.
Japanese Director Won Cannes’ Top Award
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…