General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 19 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Indias Jagriti Yatra Wins Charity Award In United Kingdom
- The Yatra, an Indian charity that organizes 15-day train journeys around India to understand and build the India of smaller towns and villages through enterprise has won an award in London.
- Jagriti Yatra was among a series of worldwide charities and individuals recognized for their impact within their communities at the Asian Voice Charity Awards.
- Jagriti Yatra organizes 15-day train journeys, covering 800 km for 400 young change-makers across India every year.
- It has created some of India’s foremost social entrepreneurs and pioneers of enterprise-led development that cuts across socio-economic boundaries in India.
AYUSH’ Finds a Place in English Language
- The Commission for Scientific and Technical Terminology decided to adopt the word ‘AYUSH’ in Hindi and English languages for scientific and technical purposes. The “AYUSH” became popular as the acronym for five traditional and complementary systems of medicine, namely Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy and successfully adopted and used in all Government communications.
Dr Harsh Vardhans Green Good Deeds Gets Global Recognition
NITI Aayogs 3-Day Venture Capital Symposium 2018 Begins
Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Lay Foundation Stone Of Indias Longest Road Tunnel In J&K
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a day-long visit to Jammu and Kashmir. During his visit, Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone of ‘Zojila Tunnel’ on the Srinagar-Leh National Highway in Leh.
- The 14-kilometer long Zojila tunnel will be India’s longest road tunnel and Asia’s longest bidirectional tunnel. It will provide all-weather connectivity to the whole Ladakh region and Kargil in particular which remains cut off from rest of the world for more than 5 months of the winter.
- Prime Minister Modi will dedicate to the nation a 330 MW Kishenganga hydroelectric project from Srinagar. There are 7 functional NHPC power projects in J&K. The project has been built at a cost of Rs 5200 Crores.
Sridevi Honoured At Cannes Film Festival
Union Environment Ministry Launches Green Skill Development Programme
First Para-National Games To Be Held Under Khelo India Scheme
- The inaugural National Para Games, on the lines of National Games for able-bodied athletes, will be held under the Khelo India Scheme in June-July 2018 in Bengaluru.
- The Games will be held for the age group of 16 to 40 (men and women) in 10 disciplines namely para-athletics, badminton, chess, blind judo, para powerlifting, shooting para-sport, para-swimming, table tennis, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair fencing.
Ambika Sharma to Head USIBC India Office
- The U.S India Business Council named Ambika Sharma as its head for India. Ms. Sharma was Director General for International at the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI). As Director General of FICCI,
- She is the highest ranked female executive of an Indian industry body. Ms. Sharma will be responsible for overseeing and guiding USIBC’s growth strategy in India through its offices in New Delhi and Mumbai, as well as leading the charge on policy advocacy issues for USIBC’s diverse membership with a variety of stakeholders.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…