General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 18 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Himachal Govt Sanctions Rs 25 Cr For Renovating Bantony Castle
- The Himachal Pradesh government will spend 25 crore rupees on renovating and developing the historic British Raj ‘Bantony Castle Estate as a major tourist attraction.
- The Bantony Castle, owned by a business family and housing the state police headquarters, was acquired by the government for over 27 crores two years ago.
Tata Steel To Acquire Bhushan Steel Through Its Step-Down Subsidiary Bamnipal Steel
- Tata Steel, whose bid for debt-ridden Bhushan Steel was approved by NCLT, would implement the resolution plan through its step-down subsidiary Bamnipal Steel Ltd.
- Bamnipal Steel would invest in the debt-ridden company and acquire control on the closing date.
- As per the terms of approved Resolution Plan, Bamnipal Steel Limited (BNPL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Steel, will initially subscribe to 72.65% equity share capital of BSL at face value i.e. at Rs 2 per share, for an aggregate amount of Rs 158.89 crore.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…