General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 15 October 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Centre invites bids from air operators for international version of the Udan scheme
- The Centre has instructed Airport Authority of India (AAI), National airports operator, to implement the international version of the Udan scheme. AAI has invited e-proposals (bids) from international bidders for selection of airlines under the International Air Connectivity Scheme (IACS) Udan. The proposals from the interested air operators should be submitted to the AAI before November 22.
Japan set to host 2019 World Relays
- Japan Association of Athletics Federations announced to be the host of the 2019 edition of 4th International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) World Relays, beginning May 11, 2019. The first three editions of the IAAF World Relays, in 2014, 2015 and 2017, were held in the Bahamian capital of Nassau.
- The 2019 meet will take place May 11 and 12 at Nissan Stadium in Yokohama, near Tokyo. This will serve as a qualifier for the world championships taking place in Doha in September and October.
Maryse Conde won New Academy Prize in Literature
- This award was created after the Swedish Academy postponed this year’s Nobel prize for literature following a rape scandal.
- He will receive £87,000 cash prize that was raised from crowdfunding and donations, at the award ceremony on 9 December 2018, a day before the Nobel award ceremony.
COAI said the Telcos might report losses for three more quarters due to high levies
- Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) said that the telecom sector might experience three more quarters of losses, hurt by high levies and unsustainable tariffs. COAI’s director general Rajan Mathews said that the present tariffs will remain sustainable for the sector’s long-term health.
Sikkims 100% organic farming wins FAOs Future Policy Gold Award
- Sikkim won the United Nations (UN) Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) Future Policy Gold Award for its achievement in becoming the world’s first totally organic agriculture state. The award is nicknamed the “Oscar for best policies”.
- It is co-organised by FAO, the World Future Council (WFC) and International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM – Organics International). Sikkim completely banned the sale and use of chemical pesticides.
OYO partners with payments platform PhonePe
- OYO users can easily book a room through the PhonePe app. Through PhonePe app users can book more than 125,000 exclusive rooms that are part of OYO’s chain of hotels in India.
First India US Special Forces exercises to be take place in 2019
- The first India-U.S. tri-services exercise will be taking place in 2019. The talks are on to include the special forces of the two countries in the drill. The focus of the drill will be on a United Nations (UN) based scenario and the overarching mission of humanitarian assistance and disaster relief measure.
- The three forces of both the countries have already taken part in bilateral exercises separately. In that bilateral exercise, their Armies participated in an annual drill called Yudh Abyaas, their Air Forces take part in a bilateral drill called Cope India and the Navies participate in an exercise called Malabar, involving Japan.
Sikkim Won FAO’s Future Policy Award 2018
- Sikkim won the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation’s (FAO) Future Policy Award 2018 for being the world’s first 100% organic state.
- Sikkim defeated 51 nominated policies from 25 countries, winning the Gold Prize of the Future Policy Award 2018, also known as “Oscar for Best Policies”. All the winners received the awards in a ceremony at FAO headquarters during the celebrations of the World Food Week in Rome.
India and China launch first joint programme to train Afghanistan diplomats
- Indian Ambassador to Afghanistan Vinay Kumar hosted 10 Afghan Diplomats who will be traveling to India for the 1st India-China joint training programme. This will be under the Trilateral Cooperation between India, China, and Afghanistan.
Assam bill on retrenching up to 300 employees sans govt approval gets presidential assent
- President gave assent to Assam’s The Industrial Disputes (Assam Amendment) Bill, 2017. According to this bill, companies are allowed to retrench up to 300 employees without seeking prior approval of the government.
- It will replace the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947. Under the new legislation, the compensation to a retrenched laborer will be 60 days’ salary instead of the present 15 days’ and no government permission will be required for the retrenchment.
Karnataka cleared Rs.198 crore drinking water project for Ullal
- The Karnataka State government has cleared a Rs.198-crore drinking water project proposal for Ullal. Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy launched the Brand Mangaluru campaign and a village camp programme initiated by the Dakshina Kannada Working Journalists Union.
- Kumaraswamy said that the city has the potential to grow on a par with Bengaluru in terms of economic activity and development. The campaign is expected to project the true abilities and positive aspects of Mangaluru.
CPCB to implement action plan to combat air pollution
SRiX Agribusiness Academy Indias first portal for agri biz learning launched in Warangal
Ashwini Kumar Choubey releases analytical report of the National Health Profile-2018
- Central Government to Provide Rs 7.8 Crore Textile Tourism Complex In Meghalaya
- Ajay Tamta stated that the Ministry will release 7.8 crore rupees for the construction of a textile tourism complex in Nongpoh, Ri-Bhoi district of Meghalaya.
- The Union Minister visited different weaving centers in Shillong.
India and Sri Lanka Sign Two MoU For Construction Of 1200 Houses
- The MoUs were signed by Mr. Taranjit Singh Sandhu, High Commissioner of India to Sri Lanka, and Mr. Bernard Vasantha, As per the new MoUs, 600 houses will be constructed in the Southern and Northern Provinces.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…