General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 15 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
International Day Of Families is celebrated as 15 May
- The International Day of Families is observed on the 15th of May every year.
- In 1993, the General Assembly of United Nations decided that 15 May of every year should be observed as The International Day of Families.
- This day provides an opportunity to promote awareness of issues relating to families and to increase the knowledge of the social, economic and demographic processes affecting families.
- This year (2018), the theme for the event is ‘Families and inclusive societies’.
Four States Ink MoUs With Centre On Health Protection Mission
WHO Launches ‘REPLACE’ To Eliminate Trans Fat In Foods By 2023
- The World Health Organization (WHO) launched a comprehensive plan to eliminate industrially-produced artificial trans fats from the global food supply by 2023.
- WHO calls on governments to use the ‘REPLACE’ action package to eliminate industrially-produced trans-fatty acids from the food supply.
- Elimination of trans fats is key to protecting the health and saving lives.
- The global health body estimates that every year, trans fat intake leads to over 5,00,000 deaths worldwide from cardiovascular diseases.
Shooting high on success and victory, Heena Sindhu clinches gold in International Shooting in Hannover
President Ram Nath Kovind to inaugurate Global Exhibition on Services-2018
- President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the Global Exhibition on Services-2018 in Mumbai this morning.
- He will also launch 12 champion sectors in services. 25 Indian states and around 100 countries are expected to participate in Global Exhibition on Services, this year, with 625 exhibitors and 500 overseas delegates.
North Korea pledges to dismantle its nuclear site between 23 to 25 May
Piyush Goyal To Take Over Finance Ministry, Smriti Irani Moved Out Of I&B
- In the Cabinet rejig, Piyush Goyal to take additional charge as Finance Minister until Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is under treatment.
- Smriti Irani to handle only the Ministry of Textiles and Rajvardhan Rathore has been given the charge of Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
- Here’s how the Cabinet looks after the rejig:
- Piyush Goyal — Finance Ministry,
- Smriti Irani — Textiles Ministry,
- Rajvardhan Rathore — Information and Broadcasting Ministry,
- SS Ahluwalia — Electronics Ministry,
- KJ Alphons — Tourism Ministry.
High-Level Committee Approves Central Assistance of Rs1, 161 Crores to 4 States and A UT
Union Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore gets independent charge of I&B Ministry
ICBC Launches China’s 1st India-Dedicated Investment Fund
- A state-run Chinese bank, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) launched the country’s first India-dedicated publicly offered investment fund, saying the Indian market offers the best opportunity for Chinese investors due to the prospects of double-digit growth.
- The fund, named the ICBC Credit Suisse India Market Fund, will invest in exchange-traded funds listed on more than 20 exchanges in Europe and the US that are based on the Indian market.
- It is China’s first publicly offered fund for investing in India. The fund will invest in the future of the Indian economy and track the distribution of the industrial structure across the Indian market.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…