General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 14 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Lata Mangeshkar Conferred With Swara Mauli Award
- Melody queen Lata Mangeshkar was honored with the Swara Mauli title by spiritual guru Vidya Narasimha Bharati Swami. Mangeshkar, 88, was conferred with the award at her residence in Mumbai.
- Her sisters Asha Bhosle and Usha Mangeshkar and brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar were also present.
UNDP to Set up Skill Development Centre In Hyderabad
- Aimed at empowering vulnerable and marginalized women by imparting skills training, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) announced to set up a skill development center at ‘Bharosa,’ an integrated support center for distressed women and children in Hyderabad.
Fino Payments Bank Launched Digital Suite
- Fino Payments Bank launched a suite of digital products that can be accessed online and through mobile phones with the focus to build the transaction platform.
- Fino had launched its mobile banking app BPay in 2017.
- The latest initiatives include Unified Payments Interface (UPI), BHIM app – using which customers can access UPI and make P2P payments, net banking, digi savings account which can be opened with only Aadhaar number and PAN card and FasTag for making digital payments at toll plazas on national highways
Par Panel to Look into Black Money Recovery, Performance of PSBs
Dharmendra Pradhan, UAE Minister Flag off 1st Consignment of ADNOC Crude for India
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and UAE Minister of State & Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) Group CEO Dr. Sultan Al Jaber flagged off the first consignment of 2 million barrels of ADNOC crude for Mangalore Cavern.
- During the day, Mr. Pradhan also held the bilateral meeting with H.E. Dr. Jaber.
- The Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister also had an interactive session with over 250 Indian professionals, business leaders and community representatives working in the UAE.
- The event was organized by the Embassy of India in Abu Dhabi.
Noted Lyricist, Poet, Politician Balkavi Bairagi Passes Away
Indian Army Finalises Rs 15,000 Crore Ammunition Production Project
India is the Largest Remittance-Receiving Country in World
- India becomes the largest remittance-receiving country in the world, with migrant workers from the country sending home 69 billion US dollars in 2017.
- According to the report ‘RemitSCOPE – Remittance markets and opportunities – Asia and the Pacific’, remittances to the Asia-Pacific region amounted to 256 billion dollars in 2017.
Fitch Predicts 7.3% Growth Rate of India in 2018-19
- Credit rating agency Fitch stated that India’s economic growth will accelerate to 7.3% in the current financial year (2018-19) and 7.5% in the next fiscal (2019-20).
- In its second-quarter Sovereign Credit Overview for Asia Pacific region, Fitch stated the growth rate will accelerate as money supply recovered to its pre-demonetisation level and disruptions related to the rollout of GST have diminished.
President Ram Nath Kovind to leave for Ajmer from Jaipur
India and Nepal Agree To Expand Their Partnership for Socio-Economic Development
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…