General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 13 October 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Union Government sanctions 5 new battalions of Rapid Action Force (RAF)
- Five new battalions of Rapid Action Force (RAF) were sanctioned by the central government in January 2018 and their new bases have been sanctioned now.
India elected to UNHRC securing maximum votes
- It secured 188 votes in the Asia-Pacific category for a period of three years beginning January 1, 2019. The 18 new members were elected by the absolute majority through a secret ballot. The highest number of votes among all 18 countries in the five regional categories.
Special Central Government Package for Footwear and Leather Sector
- Central Government has approved a special package for generation of employment in leather and footwear sector.
- The package consists of implementation of Central Sector Scheme Indian Footwear, Leather & Accessories Development Programme (IFLADP) with approved expenditure of Rs. 2600 Crore for 2017-20.
- Under IFL ADP 4 projects worth 107.33 crore have been approved in Tamil Nadu by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
Bedi was honoured with the Dr.M.A.Chidambaram Birth Centenary Award
- Bishan Singh Bedi, the former Indian captain and spin legend, was honoured with the Dr.M.A.Chidambaram Birth Centenary Award, at a grand function here on Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The program was instituted by MAC Charities in memory of the former BCCI president.
- Other former Test cricketers like C.D. Gopinath, V.V. Kumar, G.R. Viswanath, K. Srikkanth and T.A. Sekhar were also honoured at the function that was held on the day of the birth centenary.
Mahindra Agri sets up JV with Sumitomo
- Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd. (MASL), a subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra, has entered into a joint venture (JV) with Japan’s Sumitomo Corporation Group. The JV is to make pesticides in India to boost farm produce in the country.
- Sumitomo is into crop care and has access to the latest crop protection technologies. Mahindra will hold 60% stake in the new company named Mahindra Summit Agriscience Limited and the balance will be with Sumitomo Corporation. MASL is projecting a crop protection business revenue of $100 million in 5-7 years.
- Mahindra will contribute through its farmer connect, widespread distribution and agriculture expertise, while Sumitomo Corporation has strong ties with large Japanese crop protection innovator companies.
Amway appointed Milind Pant as first global CEO
World Bank Human Capital Index: Singapore Tops, India Ranks 115th
- World Bank released the Human Capital Index (HCI) as part of the World Development Report 2019. Broader theme of the World Development Report (WDR) this year is “The Changing Nature of Work”.
- The World Bank has launched a Human Capital Project (HCP). The HCI has been constructed for 157 countries. The HCI for India has been estimated at 0.44. The Index was released at the World Bank-IMF Annual Meetings in Bali, Indonesia. Singapore topped the poll after it was highly rated for its universal health care system, education exams results and life expectancy figures.
IL and FS board appointed directors to 8 main arms
- The new board of Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS), has decided to nominate directors to key subsidiaries like IL&FS Financial Services Limited, IL&FS Transportation Networks Limited and IL&FS Environmental Infrastructure & Services Limited (IEISL). The board is headed by Uday Kotak.
- The board inducted the six-member board in IL&FS. The board appointed directors in eight subsidiaries. All the directors of the subsidiaries are from the new board. The nominees were appointed based on the recommendations of the Nominations and Remuneration Committee of IL&FS.
NITI Aayog’s AIM and IBM India Design Industry-Tailored Student Internship Programme
Delhi, Moscow signed Twin-City Agreement
- The agreements in the fields of environment, culture and education are updated for the next 3 years. The agreement was signed by Minister of the Moscow City government and head of its international relations Sergey Cheremin and Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
Lupin launched Clobetasol Propionate in US market
Lupin, Drug firm major, has launched generic Clobetasol Propionate ointment in the U.S. market. This is used to treat inflammation and itching caused by a number of skin conditions. It had earlier received approval for the product from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA), Lupin said in a statement. The company has launched Clobetasol Propionate ointment USP in the strength of 0.05%.
Researchers devised a novel method of navigation to help them drive
First India-Israel Innovation Centre Opens In Bengaluru
- The India-Israel Innovation Centre (IIIC)is a significant step towards facilitating penetration of Israeli companies in India.
- The main aim is to forge local partnerships and joint ventures between companies from the two countries.
Centre is to set up a committee to deal issues raised by Metoo India movement
- Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi announced that the Centre is to set up a committee of judges and lawyers to examine the existing legal and institutional framework. The committee is to deal with complaints of sexual harassment at the workplace that are emanating from the #MeTooIndia movement.
- The move comes even as the government is yet to make a statement on allegations by several women journalists against Minister of State for External Affairs M.J. Akbar.
NSE Signs Pact With Uttarakhand Govt To Fuel SMEs Growth In State
- National Stock Exchange signed a pact with the Uttarakhand government to provide access to capital to MSMEs, which will fuel the growth of such entities in the state.
- The bourse play an active role in nurturing the SMEs and start-ups by increasing awareness along with the government on the opportunities to raise capital, SME exchange guidelines, listing processes, compliances with listing agreement among others.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…