General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 13 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
India and Russia strengthen ties discussing issues related to security and enhancing bilateral contacts
Oscar-Winning Film Editor Anne V. Coates Passes Away
- British film editor Anne V. Coates, who won an Oscar for David Lean’s epic film Lawrence of Arabia passed away.
- She was 92. Coates received five Best Film Editing Oscar nominations over the course of her career for Becket (1963), The Elephant Man (1980), In the Line of Fire (1993) and Out of Sight (1998) in addition to her nom and win for Lawrence of Arabia (1962).
Punjab gets major fillip in industrial development of state; at least 21 mega companies to be set up in Ludhiana
Indian duo Manu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy storms into semi-finals of Australian Open
North Eastern State Capitals to be connected by railway network by 2020
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to develop India’s north-east region is taking shape.
- A couple of days ago he declared that Sikkim will have air connectivity before it gets a railway line. And that happened.
- Now he is planning to join the capital cities of Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Sikkim, and Nagaland by railway route.
Union Minister Rajnath Singh praises Jharkhand govt for action against Maoists
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath welcomes first bus from Janakpur to Ayodhya
International Nurses Day is celebrated on 12 May
- International Nurses Day (IND) is celebrated every year all around the world on 12th of May to commemorate the birth anniversary of the Florence Nightingale and to mark the nurse’s contributions towards people’s health.
- The International Council of Nurses (ICN) chosen the theme “Nurses A Voice to Lead – Health is a Human right” for IND 2018.
- Nurses Day was first proposed by the Dorothy Sutherland in the year 1953 and first proclaimed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- It was first celebrated by ICN in the year 1965.
Jammu and Kashmir Government abolishes stamp duty on sale of properties in women’s name
Customs and Postal Department Hold 1st Ever Joint Conference
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…