General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 12 October 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
SBI signed MoU with Nepals National Banking Institute for human resource development
- State Bank of India signed a 3 year MOU with Kathmandu-based National Banking Institute (NBI) for development of human resources.
Website for Aero India 2019 launched by Minister of Defence
- The Website for Aero India 2019 is: https://aeroindia.gov.in/Aero-India. The portal facilitated payment of registration fee online for business visitors. Furthermore, it has been integrated with multi-currency Payment Gateway where Indian companies would be able to pay in Indian Rupees using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI/NEFT/RTGS and foreign companies would be able to pay in US dollars using credit card/debit card.
Environment Ministry and World Bank released report on Strengthening Forest Fire Management in the Country
Kakinada SEZ signed MoU with APGDC
- Kakinada SEZ Ltd., a subsidiary of GMR Infrastructure Ltd., has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Andhra Pradesh Gas Development Corporation (APGDC). The agreement is to get access to piped domestic natural gas for its upcoming 10,500-acre zone. With this development, Kakinada SEZ would be the first zone on the eastern coast of India to provide Piped Natural Gas (PNG) supply to all its industrial units.
- The Kakinada SEZ lies 6 km away from the Kakinada Srikakulam pipeline. APGDC has agreed to lay a spur line from the main trunk line to the zone premises for facilitating piped gas access to commercial and industrial customers.
Mahesh Reddy Takes Over as PHDCCI Secretary-General
- PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) announced that Mahesh Y Reddy taken over as its Secretary General with immediate effect. He holds 28 years of experience in national level trade, infrastructure and industry bodies in various capacities.
Pakistans anti-graft body summoned U.S. envoy
- Pakistan’s anti-graft body has summoned Ali Jahangir Siddiqui, the country’s envoy to the US, for bribing a top government official. Ali Jahangir Siddiqui allegedly bribed a top government official by paying Rs.15 crore to get the diplomatic post.
- Ambassador Siddiqui has been issued a notice to appear before the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), Lahore. The transaction was made between him and former Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Fawad Hasan Fawad.
Sharad Kumar won gold in mens high jump in Asian Para Games
- Sharad Kumar won gold in men’s high jump T42/63 category. This is his second successive gold in the Asian Para Games 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Silver was claimed by Varun Bhati (1.82m), Rio Paralympic bronze-medallist, and bronze by Thangavelu Mariyappan (1.67m), Rio gold-medallist. The F46 category of disability covers upper limb deficiency, impaired muscle power or impaired range of movement.
Pravin Srivastava appointed as India’s 3rd Chief Statistician
Rahul Aware was awarded the Best Sportsperson of the Year by SJAM
- Wrestler Rahul Aware, the Commonwealth Games gold medallist, was awarded the Best Sportsperson of the Year award at the annual Sports Journalists’ Association of Mumbai (SJAM) award function. The awards function was sponsored by Star Sports. Other awardees of SJAM are listed below:
International Olympics Committee picks Senegal as first African Host for Youth Olympics
- International Olympics Committee (IOC) picked its first African host of any Olympics, formally awarding the 2022 Youth Games to Senegal. Senegal will host the youth games in three places: Dakar; a new city of Diamniadio, close to the capital; and the coastal resort of Saly.
Tushar Mehta appointed as Solicitor General Of India
- He will assume the office of the Solicitor General till June 30, 2020. Presently, Mehta is serving as the Additional Solicitor General (ASG) of India. Solicitor General is the second highest ranking law officer of the government after the Attorney General.
Centre approves Land pooling policy of Delhi
- Land Pooling is a concept that where small chunks or parcels of land are owned by a group of owners who assemble for the development of infrastructure as per the provisions of the Delhi Development Act 1957 and the prescribed procedure.
IIT-Madras signs MoU with Tamil Nadu E-Governance Agency
- IIT-Madras signed an agreement with Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency (TNeGA) to enhance data-driven governance. The Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBC DSAI ) at IIT-Madras agreed to support the State government on various data science and ICT-related challenges.
Coal India Signs MoU with NLC For 5000 MW Power Generation
- Coal India tasked to become a net zero emission energy company by the ministry of coal and a move which requires it to generate 3,000 MW of solar power.
Indus Towers Wins Deming Prize for 2018
- Indus Towers, world’s largest telecom tower company (outside China) won the Deming Prize for 2018, being the first Indian company in the service sector and the fifth in the world to achieve.
- He is only the 29th Indian company to win this coveted award, with other notable names including Tata Steel, Ashok Leyland, Mahindra and Mahindra, and NBC Bearings.
- The Deming Prize was bestowed on Indus Towers for distinctive performance improvements through the application of Total Quality Management (TQM) practices.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…