General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 12 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Prof Muhammad Yunus Conferred KISS Humanitarian Award 2018
- Nobel laureate and noted economist Muhammad Yunus was honored with the 11th KISS Humanitarian Award 2018 at a function held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Yunus is the founder of Grameen Bank and is known as the Father of Microfinance.
MEA Sushma Swarajs visit to Myanmar envelops landmark deal enabling legal land border crossing
- Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj’s two-day visit to Myanmar concluded with a range of bilateral issues discussions and signing seven agreements.
Book Release by Chief of Army Staff
SpaceX Launches Most Powerful Falcon 9 Rocket
Rythu Bandhu Scheme: Telangana government launches investment support scheme for farmers
- Telangana Government launched Rythu Bandhu Scheme an investment support scheme to support the livelihood of farmers.it is first of kind investment support scheme for farmers to be launched by any state in India.
- Under this scheme, farmers will directly get financial training support twice every year.
- About 58 lakh farmers who till over 1.42 crores acres of land in the state are expected to be benefited from the initiative.
Donald Trump cuts funding to NASA system that monitors greenhouse gases
- US President Donald Trump’s administration has cut off the funding for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Carbon Monitoring System (CMS).
Around 7.6 million babies are not breastfed each year: UNICEF
Venkaiah Naidu 3-Nation Visit: India & Peru Signs Agreement
- India and Peru signed an agreement in the field of Renewable Energy at Lima.
- The pact was signed in the presence of Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and the Prime Minister Cesar Villanueva Arevalo.
World’s second oldest rock discovered in Odisha
- Scientists have discovered world’s second oldest grain of magnetic zircon (a mineral that contains traces of radioactive isotopes) from champuna from Singhbhum rock sample in Odisha’s Kendujhar district.
- It is an estimated 4, 240 million years old; making it world’s second oldest rock ever to be discovered.
India Pavilion Inaugurated At Cannes Film Festival 2018
China’s Alibaba Buys Pakistan E-Commerce Firm Daraz
- Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba purchased leading Pakistani online retailer ‘Daraz’, continuing its overseas expansion by gaining a foothold in the growing South Asian consumer market.
- China is seeking closer economic ties with Asian neighbors including Pakistan through its Belt and Road initiative, a strategy to increase trade links that are led primarily by infrastructure projects.
Indian Tea Industry Records Highest Ever Production, Export in FY18
- Indian tea industry recorded the highest ever production as well as exports in FY18.
- The total tea production was 1325.05 million kgs, an increase of 74.56 million kgs as compared to 2016-17.
- In percentage terms, the increase is around 6%.
- Similarly, the total quantity of tea exported during the financial year 2017-18 stood at 256.57 million kgs, while the foreign exchange realized from exports of Indian tea was $ 785.92 million.
- The number of tea exports increased by 12.71% to 28.94 million kgs during 2017-18.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…