General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 11 October 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Union Cabinet approves Merger of NCVT and NSDA to Establish NCVET
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the merger of the existing regulatory institutions in the skills space – National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and the National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) into the National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET).
- The institute will regulate the functioning of entities engaged in vocational education and training, both long-term and short-term and establish minimum standards for the functioning of such entities.
India ranked 147th in Oxfam world inequality index
- The United Kingdom-based charity ‘Oxfam International’s report named ‘Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index was released. Out of 157 countries, Denmark topped the list based on its high and progressive taxation, high social spending and good protection of workers.
Seventh edition of Old World Theatre festival will commence from October 20th
- It is organized by India Habitat Centre. It is being recognized by UNESCO as a “Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity”. Also for the first time, a National Theatre Live Broadcast of “Julie” by British theatre director Carrie Cracknell will be seen. It will showcase 15 plays on a pan-Indian constellation of original scripts from Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, and Kerala.
President of India Inaugurates 29th Accountants General Conference
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 29th Accountants General Conference at the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) building, at Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg, in New Delhi. The theme of this year’s conference is: “Auditing and Accounting in a Digital Era”.
Mobile Health App MedWatch Launched By Indian Air Force
- The Indian Air Force on the occasion of its 86th anniversary announced an innovative mobile health App named ‘MedWatch’.
- The main aim is to provide health information to air warriors and all citizens of India. It has been developed by Directorate of Information Technology (DIT) and the idea was conceived by IA doctors. It is in sync with Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Digital India, Ayushman Bharat and Mission Indradhanush’.
Nirmala Sitharaman to visit France
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman started her three-day visit to France. In her visit, both sides are expected to deliberate on further boosting up of the defense and security ties. The visit is after the rise of a huge controversy over the procurement of 36 Rafale jets from French aerospace major Dassault Aviation.
- Both the parties will hold wide-ranging talks with her French counterpart Florence Parly on ways to deepen strategic cooperation between the two countries and also deliberate on major regional and global issues of mutual interests. Ms.Sitharaman also take stock of progress in the supply of 36 Rafale jets by Dassault to the Indian Air Force under a Rs.58,000 crore deal. She might even visit the facility where the jets are being manufactured.
Nitin Gadkari laid Foundation Stone For Rs1,224 Crore Highway Projects In Uttar Pradesh
Hyderabad HC instructed EC for release of revised voters list
- The Hyderabad High Court directed the Election Commission (EC) of India to come out with an action plan to rectify the discrepancies in voters’ list of Telangana. The High Court approved its decision for publication of the revised electoral rolls. The decision was made by a division bench comprising Chief Justice Thottathil B. Radhakrishnan and Justice S.V. Bhat. The bench also instructed EC to place modalities and mechanism to be followed to respond to complaints about voters’ list.
Union Government Reconstitutes Top Court-Powered Pollution Control Panel
- The Central Government reconstituted Supreme Court-empowered Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority or the EPCA, which is tasked with taking various measures to tackle air pollution in the National Capital Region.
- Former secretary Bhure Lal continues to be the chairman, while the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) DG Sunita Narain is one of the members.
UNICEF and NASSCOM signed MoU To Strengthen Child Rights
- This Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) will work collaboratively on two key areas including national sensitization on child online protection and encouraging innovations for child rights’ in the country. NASSCOM Chairman is Rishad Premji.
Clear Sky 2018: Ukraine Launches Air Exercises With NATO Countries
- Ukraine began a series of large-scale air force exercises with the United States and other NATO countries.
- The “Clear Sky 2018” war games are being held in western Ukraine.
- The main aim is to enhance regional capabilities to secure air sovereignty and promote peace and security through cooperation.
BPCL To Set Up Country’s 1st Biofuel Plant In Odisha
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) will complete commissioning of its second generation (2G) ethanol bio-refinery at Baulsingha village in Bargarh district of Odisha by 2020.
- This is the first biofuel plant in the country where ethanol will be produced from rice straw.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…