General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 11 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
SCO Tourism Ministers Conference Held In China
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism and Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology, K. J. Alphons attended the Tourism Ministers’ conference by Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Wuhan, China.
- At the inaugural session, the Minister stated that India’s Tourism sector is fast growing and has got an emerging market for outbound travel and a tremendous potential for tourism co-operation with the SCO region.
Gujarat-Poland Sign MoU On Organizing Independence Centenary
CM Pema Khandu Inaugurates Arunachal Pradesh’s Biggest Solar Plant
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu inaugurated the state’s biggest solar power plant at Energy Awareness Park in the presence of Power Minister Tamiyo Taga in Itanagar.
Vijay Prahar Exercise of Indian Army Concludes In Rajasthan
- Indian Army’s month-long Vijay Prahar exercise concluded in Suratgarh, Rajasthan.
- It was conducted by South Western Command of Indian Army.
- The exercise was aimed to orchestrate wide spectrum of threats including Nuclear, Chemical or Biological (NCB) attack which is planned to be tackled through high tempo joint air and land operation.
Malaysia Gets Oldest Prime Minister in the World
- Mahathir Mohamad was sworn in as Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- He took the oath at the Istana Negara Palace in Kuala Lumpur.
- Mahathir’s coalition, Pakatan Harapan, won 113 of the total 222 seats. He has replaced Najib Razak.
- His coalition defeated the governing Barisan Nasional coalition, led by Prime Minister Najib Razak, which has been in power for more than 60 years.
- Ninety-two-year-old, Mahathir becomes the oldest Prime Minister in the world.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Leaves for 2-Day Visit To Nepal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi left on a two day State visit to Nepal to take forward the issues of mutual interest and partnership across diverse sectors.
- During his visit to the Himalayan Nation, Prime Minister Modi will hold bilateral talks with his Nepalese counterpart KP Sharma Oli besides meeting with the President and the Vice President of Nepal.
Union Government approves green license plates for private electric vehicles
Business Optimism Index: India Ranks 6th, Austria Tops
- India was ranked 6th on Global Optimism Index released as part of Grant Thornton’s International Business Report (IBR) in the first quarter of 2018.
- The report was prepared based on the results of a survey of 2,500 businesses in 37 economies. India had topped the chart for four years.
- The top five nations in the report are Austria, Finland, Indonesia, the Netherlands and the US.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on a two day visit To Mynamar
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj left on a two-day visit to Myanmar.
- The visit is part of the ongoing high-level interaction between the governments of India and Myanmar.
- During her visit, Swaraj will hold discussions with the Myanmar leadership on bilateral, regional and multilateral issues of mutual interest to both countries.
China Launched Gaofen-5 to Monitor Air Pollution
China successfully launched a hyperspectral imaging satellite ‘Gaofen-5’ for comprehensive observation of the atmosphere, including air pollution which is one of the country’s major problems.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…