General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 10th October 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Jharkhand, the partner state at Goa International Film Festival 2018
Researchers developed bio electronic medicine that helps nerve growth
- Researchers at the Washington University in the U.S. have developed the first bioelectronic medicine, an implantable, biodegradable wireless device. This device speeds nerve regeneration and improves the healing of a damaged nerve.
- The scientists developed a device that delivers regular pulses of electricity to damaged peripheral nerves in rats after a surgical repair process, accelerating the regrowth of nerves in their legs. About the size of a small coin, the wireless device operates for two weeks before getting absorbed into the body.
IMF estimates growth rate of India as 7.3 percent this year
EAM Sushma Swaraj launched India for Humanity initiative in New Delhi
- Mahatma Gandhi’s philosophy of compassion, caring and service to humanity, ‘India for Humanity’ features a year-long series of artificial limb fitment camps in a number of countries spanning the globe.
- The camps will be initially held in 12 countries identified through the Missions with the financial support of the Indian government.
National Housing Bank Increases Refinance Limit From Rs24,000 Crore To Rs 30,000 Crore
- Till date, Rs.8835 crore has been sanctioned. This refinancing is a credit flow to Housing Finance Companies & other Institutions.
Japanese Passport Named as World’s Most Powerful, India 81st
- Japan overtook Singapore, according to the Henley Passport Index 2018. Japan has recently gained visa-free access to Myanmar, Japanese citizens now have visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 190 destinations around the world.
Second World Conference on Access to Medical Products achieving the SDGs 2030 inaugurated by Shri J P Nadda
Halep and Osaka are nominated for WTA award
- Romania’s Simona Halep and Japan’s Naomi Osaka are among the players nominated for the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) Player-of-the-Year award.
- Serena Williams has been nominated for the WTA’s Comeback Player-of-the-Year award. Belinda Bencic (Switzerland), Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) and Ajla Tomljanovic (Australia) have also been nominated along with her.
ED sends orders to Switzerland in Nirav Modi scam
TN government intensifies vehicle check at the Kalakkad tiger reserve
- Tamil Nadu government is to intensify the Vehicle checks at the Kalakkad tiger reserve. This is after the felling of 11 teak trees by a gang with the assistance of an anti-poaching watcher inside the Kalakkad–Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve.
Centre Decides To Start Issuing Sovereign Gold Bonds 2018-19 From October
China to sell 48 high end armed drones to Pakistan
Zalmay Khalilzad visits Pakistan to hold talks with Foreign Secretary
- Washington’s newly named point man, is visiting Pakistan to seek for a peaceful end to Afghanistan’s 17-year war. He met Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua. He asked Pakistan’s new government in Islamabad to bring Taliban to the negotiating table. His tour of the region will also include West Asian stops in the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. In Afghanistan, he met with President Ashraf Ghani.
Nikki Haley resigned as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
Minister Of State For Commerce Attends India and West Africa Conclave In Nigeria
Pakistan Test-Fires Nuclear-Capable Ghauri Ballistic Missile
- The country successfully test-fired Ghauri ballistic missile capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads up to a distance of 1,300 kilometers. The launch was conducted by Army Strategic Forces Command and was aimed at testing the operational and technical readiness.
India bagged 3 more gold medals in the Para Asian Games 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia
- India won three more gold on the third day of competitions at the Para Asian Games 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia. India maintains its eighth spot.
- Ekta Bhyan in women’s F32/51 club throw event and Narayan Thakur in men’s T35 100m dash clinched gold. Manish Narwal, Indian para-shooter, bagged gold in the men’s SH1 10m air pistol event. So far, India has won 6 gold, 9 silver and 13 bronze medals in the Para Asian Games 2018.
Google To Shut Down Google+ For Consumers Over The Security Lapse
- After a bug exposed the personal data of up to 5 lakh users, Google stated that it discovered and immediately patched” the bug in March 2018 but found “no evidence” that any data was actually misused. Google Company reportedly discloses the security breach because it feared regulation.
- According to Google, Google+ currently has “low usage and engagement” and that 90 percent of Google+ user sessions last less than 5 seconds.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…