General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 10 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam and all Government Examinations.
Beijing to Hold World Robot Conference
- The 2018 World Robot Conference (WRC) will be held in Beijing, China in August 2018.
- The event will see over 12,000 competing teams and 50,000 participants from more than 10 countries and regions.
- A robot competition will be held during the conference where participants will compete in five categories
Fifteenth Finance Commission Constituted Advisory Council
- The 15th Finance Commission constituted an advisory council to advise and assist the commission.
- The six-member council will be headed by the President of Forum for Strategic Initiatives, Arvind Virmani.
- The role and functions of the council will be to advise the commission on any issue or subject related to the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Commission.
Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad Launches Website of Digital India Internship Scheme
- Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad launched the website of Digital India Internship Scheme in New Delhi.
- Under this scheme, 25 interns will be inducted for a period of three months.
- These interns will be paid a stipend of 10 thousand rupees per month.
- The internship is an opportunity for a student to secure first hand and practical work experience under the guidance of qualified and experienced Supervisor and Mentor.
Madhya Pradesh launches Indias first Integrated Control and Command Centre for its smart cities
Venkaiah Naidu 3-Nation Visit: India, Panama signed two agreements
Walmart Buys Flipkart In World’s Largest E-Commerce Deal
- US-based retail giant Walmart confirmed that it will buy 77% stake in India’s largest e-commerce startup Flipkart for $16 billion.
- The acquisition, which is the largest e-commerce deal in the world, will value the homegrown startup at a reported amount of $20.8 billion.
- Notably, SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son had announced the deal by mistake earlier in the day.
Forbes Most Powerful People in The World: PM Modi 9th, Xi Jinping Tops
NASA with Uber Team Up To Make Flying Cars a Reality
FB Appoints Product Exec Chris Daniels to Take Over WhatsApp
- Facebook announced that the company’s Vice President of Product Chris Daniels will be taking over Whatsapp after Co-founder Jan Koum announced his departure, recently.
- In his new role, former Internet.org VP Daniels will report to Facebook’s Chief Product Officer. Daniels has been working with Facebook for more than seven years and previously worked for Microsoft in product management.
TRAI Releases Draft of Telecom Interconnection Regulations
Google Officially Launches Things, Its IoT Platform
- In an effort to better secure and control Internet of Things (IoT) devices, Google officially launched Android Things.
- Google’s version of Android for IoT devices aims to solve a problem that affects most of the current IoT devices on the market, developers routinely fail to update their devices.
- With Android Things, each connected device that uses the platform will receive three years of OS updates directly from Google and all of these updates will be free.
Nisha Bhalla Conferred With ‘WEF 2018’ Award
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…