General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 1st October 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exam.
Modi and Putin to discuss S400, Kamov at the summit in New Delhi
- Before the bilateral summit that is to be held in the first week of October between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin, the discussions are still underway between the two sides to conclude a final deal for 200 Kamov-226T utility helicopters.
- India and Russia have already concluded an Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) for 200 helicopters estimated to cost over $1 billion. Under the deal, 60 helicopters will be imported from Russia and at least another 140 will be built in India by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) with technology transfer. As part of this, a joint venture was set up in India which will build the helicopters.
Raegan and Ishita won junior titles in East Zone National ranking table tennis tournament
- The top seed, Albuquerque Raegan claimed the junior boys crown and Ishita Gupta won the junior girls’ title in the East Zone National-ranking table tennis tournament at the R.G. Baruah Sports Complex’s Indoor Stadium.
Adithya and Pranathi bagged titles in Sub junior boys and girls singles titles
- Adithya Joseph, Ernakulam K.R. Pillai Academy’s and Pranathi P. Nair, Thiruvananthapuram YMCA Academy, won the Sub-junior boys and girls singles titles in the Thiruvalla YMCA-P.O. John memorial all Kerala table tennis tournament at the YMCA.
- Palakkad’s Muhammed Nafil and Alappuzha SDV Academy’s B. Sheethal bagged the cadet boys and girls titles.
Chinas multi-role combat aircraft, FTC 2000G, made its debut flight
- FTC-2000G, China’s indigenously built new multi-role combat aircraft, for exports has made its debut flight. The aircraft was developed for export by the State-owned Aviation Industry Corp of China (AVIC).
- The aircraft flew for about 16 minutes. More than 1,000 people, including provincial leaders as well as Ambassadors and military, attaches from several nations, took part in the ceremony marking the flight. The aircraft is tasked mainly with air strikes against ground targets.
Scientists found 59 Indian plant species under IUCN threat categories
- Scientists have found that 59 Indian plant species are under threat status based on criteria used by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Dr.S.K. Barik, Director of Lucknow’s CSIR-National Botanical Research Institute and experts from several institutes selected 59 plant species that are at risk of elimination if the threat levels they face are not assessed soon.
- Based on their assessment they assigned each species a threat status based on IUCN criteria. This included the extent and area of each plant’s geographical range, which revealed that 10 species are critically endangered, 18 endangered, 6 vulnerable, 5 near threatened and one species each are data deficient and least concern.
KSINC vessel Nefertiti will be launched by October end
International Day Of Older Persons is observed on 1 October
India is to gift three MiG-21 fighter jets to Russia
- India is to gift three MiG-21 fighter jets to Russia. Russian President Vladimir Putin is to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi be in New Delhi on October 4 and 5 for the annual summit. The handing over of 3 MiG-21s is based on a request from Russian Defence Minister to Indian Defence Minister. The gifts comprise of one Type 75 aircraft and two Type 77 aircraft.
- This is a major symbolic gesture to showcase the all-weather friendship and deep strategic partnership between India and Russia, which has been put to test in recent times due to changing geopolitical conditions.
India’s first Corn Festival Starts in Madhya Pradesh
India Defeats Bangladesh To Win 7th Asia Cup Title
Indian Railways partners with Google to launch Rail Heritage Digitisation Project
Reserve Bank of India Bars Bandhan Bank From Opening New Branches
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurates Modern Food Processing Facilities And Pipeline Projects In Gujarat
Yuvraj Wadhwani Lifts Asian Junior Squash Title
Vikram Misri Appointed India’s Next Ambassador To China
- He is a 1989 batch IFS officer and expected to take up the assignment shortly.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…