General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 07 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exams and all Government Examinations.
Reserve Bank of India Announced Rs10,000 Crore Bond Purchases
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that it would buy Rs. 10,000 crore ($1.50 billion) of government bonds via open market operation (OMO), after failing to sell all the debt it had offered to bidders.
- The 10-year government bond yield rose to 7.75% from 7.74% before the auction result was announced. The eligible participants should submit their offers in electronic format on the Reserve Bank of India Core Banking Solution (E-Kuber) system.
India and Sri Lanka Agree On Information Exchange for Drug Control
Skill India Organized ‘Ajeevika And Kaushal Vikas Mela’ In Bhubaneswar
Social Justice Ministry Organized Cochlear Implant Awareness Programme
Social Justice Ministry Organised Cochlear Implant Awareness Programme
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment organized a ‘Cochlear Implant Awareness Programme’ at Huda Convention Centre in Faridabad, Haryana.
- The Minister of State for Social Justice & Empowerment, Krishan Pal Gurjar was the Chief Guest in the programme.
Third South Asian Junior Athletics Championships: India Tops With 50 Medals
- India finished on top in the 7-nation 3rd South Asian Junior Athletics Championships in Colombo, Sri Lanka on the final day.
- India ended with 20 gold, 22 silver and 8 bronze medals (Total 50 Medals).
- Sri Lanka bagged rest of the 12 gold medals in the competition along with 10 silver and 19 bronze.
- Pakistan won one silver and a bronze to settle for the third place.
- The juniors will next represent India at the 18th Asian Junior Athletics Championships to be held in Gifu, Japan in June 2018.
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu 3-Nation Visit: Arrives In Guatemala on 1st Leg
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu arrived in Guatemala on the first leg of his three-nation tour to Latin America.
- During his stay in Guatemala city, Mr. Naidu will meet the leadership of the nation, with various MoUs expected to be signed.
- The discussions will focus on exploring mutual areas of cooperation and formalizing various MoUs in the fields of protection of wildlife, human resource training, education and exchanges between training institutes.
NITI Aayog ink SoI with IBM to develop Precision Agriculture using Artificial Intelligence
- NITI Aayog signed a statement of Intent with IBM to develop crop yield production using Artificial Intelligence to provide real-time advisory to farmers in Aspirational districts.
- The main aim is to work together towards the use of technology to provide insights to farmers to improve soil yield, crop productivity, control agricultural inputs.
- The first phase mainly depends on developing a model for 10 districts of Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh.
India’s 7% Projected Growth Rate For The Current Fiscal: ADB
- Asian Development Bank Chief Economist Yasuyuki Sawada stated India’s projected GDP growth of over 7 percent for the current fiscal (2018-19) is amazingly fast and if this momentum is maintained the size of the economy can double within a decade.
- According to ADB, India should not worry about not achieving 8 percent growth but focus on increasing domestic demand by reducing the income inequality.
Tamil Nadu News Today:
National Rural Health Mission Launched Today
- State Rural Health Mission was launched in Tamilnadu on 12.4.05 with the view to bring architectural correction of the health system to enable it to effectively handle increased allocations and promote policies that strengthen public health management and service delivery as prescribed under the NRHM of India. The programme is for the period of 2005-2012. The programme is funded by Government of India.
Press Release in Tamil Nadu:
- Solatium from Chief Ministers Public Relief Fund to the family of the Police officer who was killed while on duty by sand smugglers
- Tamil Nadu PR Honble Chief Minister and Honble Deputy Chief Minister participated in the foundation stone laying ceremony for the construction of memorial for the Late Chief Minister Selvi J Jayalalithaa
- Tamil Nadu PR Honble Chief Minister chaired the review meeting of Information and Public Relations Department
- Tamil Nadu PR Honble Chief Minister chaired the review meeting of Housing and Urban Development Department
- Tamil Nadu PR Honble Ministers and dignitaries paid floral tributes to Tamil Scholar Robert Caldwell on the occasion of his 204th birth anniversary
- Tamil Nadu PR Honble Chief Minister chaired the review meeting of Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Department
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…