General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 06 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobs competitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exams and all Government Examinations.
No Nobel Prize in Literature This Year
California Surpasses UK to Become World’s 5th Largest Economy
- US state California’s economy surpassed that of the UK to become the world’s fifth largest, according to new federal data released.
- With a GDP of $2.7 trillion, California is now only behind the US, China, Japan, and Germany.
Sai Praneeth defeats Sri Lankan opponent to seal a berth in semifinals of New Zealand Open
- Star Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth registered a comfortable victory over his Sri Lankan opponent Niluka Karunaratne 21-7, 21-9 to seal a berth in the semifinals of the New Zealand Open 2018.
JK High Court orders state govt to appoint 22 judicial magistrates to fast track juvenile cases
Punjab to commence skill development mission; aims on massive employment for youths
Focusing on the powerful tool of communication, Asia Media Summit 2018 awaits to explore the challenges faced by electronic media
Odisha constitutes 5th State Finance Commission seeking to uplift Panchyati Raj System
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath cut shorts Karnataka campaign to visit storm affected Uttar Pradesh
Gujarat government will focus on advanced skills: CM Vijay Rupani
Air Force formally inducts Dakota DC-3 aircraft; Parshuram back in service after 4 decades
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley chairs the 27th GST Council meeting intending to simplify returns filing process
- Commencing the 27th Goods and Service Tax Council meeting, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley chaired the meeting via a video conference in New Delhi.
- The meeting entails in bringing the GSTN within complete government ownership and further discussion on issues like whether or not to levy Cess Tax on sugar.
- Expressing satisfaction in the revenue growth, having a backdrop of the GST returns from the month of April, the meeting has garnered insights of making improvements and simplifying returns filing process.
- Stating the agendas the council members discussed Finance Minister Arun Jaitley described that the collection of GST completely on government.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…