General awareness section of competitive exams covers various concepts like general awareness, general knowledge, Current affairs and general knowledge. Check out our TNPSC Current affairs materials for 03 May 2018 that helps you to prepare for various Tamil Nadu Government Jobscompetitive exams like TNPSC, TRB, TET, RRB, UPSC, Banking other Competitive Exams and all Government Examinations.
SEBI Tightens KYC Norms For FPIs
- Stepping up its crackdown on money laundering and round-tripping, SEBI recently came out with a detailed framework for risk-based Know Your Client (KYC) documentation of foreign portfolio investors (FPIs).
Maharashtra becomes first To Provide Digitally-Signed Documents
- Maharashtra became the first state to provide digitally-signed land record receipts (also known as 7/12 receipts), which Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis claimed would check irregularities and bring in transparency.
World Press Freedom Day is celebrated on 3rd May
Cambridge Analytica Shuts Down All Its Operations
Dominican Republic Establishes Ties with China, Breaks With Taiwan
India- South Africa Business Summit Concludes In Johannesburg
Union Cabinet Approves Accession to Protocol Under WHO Framework Convention
- The Union Cabinet gave the approval to accede to the Protocol under World Health Organization (WHO) Framework Convention on tobacco control to eliminate illicit trade in tobacco products.
- It will be applicable to both smoking and chew or smokeless tobacco (SLT) forms as negotiated and adopted under Article 15 of the World Health Organization Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (WHO FCTC).
Lewis Hamilton won Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2018
Eminent Economist Ashok Mitra Passes Away
- The first Finance Minister in the Left Front government in West Bengal Ashok Mitra passed away in Kolkata.
- He was 90.
- Besides serving the State Government, he also worked with the Central Government as the Chief Economic Adviser and was a member of Rajya Sabha.
Check out TNPSC Updates for latest current affairs…